Calling all artists, budding artists and art collectors! If you have ever doubted that art can save lives, the inaugural Art for Hamlin online auction will be living proof.
We are excited to invite you to participate in the inaugural 2018 Art for Hamlin online auction. Art for Hamlin is open to all professional artists, amateur artists and collectors.
Help Dr Catherine Hamlin eradicate fistula forever by donating new or existing art that responds to this year’s theme –Celebrating Women.
Art donated to Hamlin will be exhibited online on a specially created Hamlin auction website for one month from 11 September which is Ethiopian New Year through until 11 October. Selected pieces will be curated for exhibitions.
A highly respected team of curators and valuers will set a reserve for all pieces. All proceeds from the auction will support Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia.
The deadline for donation of all new or existing art is 30 August 2018.
If you love art, watch for the auction in September to see the talent on show. Maybe you’ll go home with the next Olley or Whiteley knowing that you’ve helped restore the lives of some of the world’s most marginalised women.
Details for Submissions
Creation of New Original Art:
Professionals and amateurs are invited to create a new original work of art Celebrating Women. Must be small art painted or drawn with any medium on any surface, not exceeding 297 x 420mm in size.
The physical work that you are donating to the auction must be submitted by 30 August 2018 to Catherine Hamlin Fistula Foundation, Locked Bag 20, Pyrmont NSW 2009. Please post your artwork as you would like it to be presented. Clearly mark back of artwork with the artist’s name, address and title of the work and include a max. 200 word artwork description.
Owners of Existing Art:
Existing artwork of any size that relates to our theme of Celebrating Women may be donated for auction to raise funds for Catherine Hamlin Fistula Foundation. Photograph of this artwork to be supplied (NB not original artwork) by 30 August 2018. Photograph of artwork must be in portrait orientation with plain background. Email to [email protected] in jpg. file format (max 5MB), along with the name of artist, artwork title and artwork description if known.
Terms & Conditions below
Let us know if you’d like to donate new or existing art today!
Terms & Conditions
- Donors of art grant Catherine Hamlin Fistula Foundation (CHFF) permission to display donated artwork online on the CHFF online auction website and general website
- Donors of art grant CHFF permission to display donated artwork in exhibitions of selected works throughout 2018 at CHFF’s discretion
- Donors of art grant a non-exclusive licence for CHFF to photograph, publish and communicate the work to the public for marketing and publicity purposes
- Donors to the New Art category warrant that the work is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party
- Where reasonable CHFF will attribute the artist as the creator of the work and reproduce the work in full
- Donors of existing artworks are responsible for ensuring that artwork they donate is owned by them and there are no restrictions on promoting that art for auction
- CHFF reserves the right to not accept any piece of art