The pilot of Project Zero, Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia’s new program to eradicate fistula woreda (district) by woreda, is progressing well. The local community is enthusiastic and committed and the pilot is on track to be completed in October.
Your amazing support of our Tax appeal is making it possible to roll out this unique program to other woredas, accelerating the eradication of fistula across the country. The Project Zero team continues to:
- Go house-to-house to find women living with obstetric fistula
- Provide mentoring to midwives and nurses at local health centres to improve maternal healthcare services
- Train local health and community workers in identifying fistula and referring women for treatment
- Spread awareness of fistula and its treatment by visiting major marketplaces, community gatherings and schools
- Use the new M-HIT app (Maternal Health Improvement Tool) to monitor pregnant women and escalate care for those at risk.